By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Review the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of common feline disease
- Expand your knowledge on unusual feline conditions
- Gain increased confidence in handling feline patients gained through a range of practical advice
- Review important developments in feline medicine
- Better understand key differences when dealing with certain disease conditions in cats versus dogs
- Better understand the pathophysiological responses of cats and gain the special skills needed to confidently treat your tricky feline patients.
Modules will commence every 2 months:
- February – Urinary Tract Disease
- April – Endocrine Disorders
- June – Neurology/Musculoskeletal
- August – Haematology/Immunology
- October – Oncology
- February – Dermatology
- April – Respiratory Disease
- June – Cardiology
- August – Gastrointestinal Disease
- October – Infectious Diseases
This online course comes with:
- Comprehensive digital notes; images and recommended readings
- Self-assessed quizzes and case studies to test your knowledge and understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- Monthly assignments and case submissions where you will receive individual feedback and explanations from your tutors
- Regular interactive online sessions covering key topics and problem areas to deepen your knowledge and understanding in a group setting
- Keeping DE notes in digital format saves almost 300 000 sheets of paper, 1 500 000L of water and 30 trees.
Live interactive sessions delivered online
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CE
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the online workshop to apply the knowledge you have gained.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a $1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional $250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
For the full terms and conditions please see our Terms.
RACE approved for 100 CE credits
This program was reviewed and approved by the AAVSB RACE program for 100 hours of continuing education. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Please contact the AAVSB RACE program if you have any comments/concerns regarding this program’s validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession. Call CVE +61 2 9351 7979 for further questions.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
ISFM and AAFP
The Feline Medicine Distance Education course is truly an international course with 11 renowned tutors from all over the world. Depending on your location once you enrol you will join a cohort of participants in your part of the world. The CVE has partnered with the ISFM to provide and promote the Feline Medicine Distance Education course in UK and Europe. The ISFM members are entitled to the same rates as the CVE members for this DE course.
The CVE has also partnered with the AAFP to promote this course in the US and Canada. The AAFP members are also entitled to the same rates as the CVE members for this DE course.
||Member* Super Early Bird
||Member* Early Bird
||Member* Full Rate
*Members include: CVE Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members. Member rate is also available to ISFM and AAFP members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email [email protected] or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).