By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Review the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of common feline disease
- Expand your knowledge on unusual feline conditions
- Gain increased confidence in handling feline patients gained through a range of practical advice
- Review important developments in feline medicine
- Better understand key differences when dealing with certain disease conditions in cats versus dogs
- Better understand the pathophysiological responses of cats and gain the special skills needed to confidently treat your tricky feline patients.
Modules will commence every 2 months:
- February – Dermatology
- April – Respiratory Disease
- June – Cardiology
- August – Gastrointestinal Disease
- October – Infectious Diseases
- February – Urinary Tract Disease
- April – Endocrine Disorders
- June – Neurology/Musculoskeletal
- August – Haematology/Immunology
- October – Oncology
This online course comes with:
- Comprehensive notes; images and recommended readings
- Self-assessed quizzes and case studies to test your knowledge and understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- Regular assignments and case submissions where you will receive individual feedback and explanations from your tutors
- Keeping DE notes in digital format saves almost 300 000 sheets of paper, 1 500 000L of water and 30 trees.
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CE
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the online workshop to apply the knowledge you have gained.
RACE approved - 100 CE credits
This program 20-805558 was reviewed and approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 100 CE credits being available to any one veterinarian. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Please contact the AAVSB RACE program if you have any comments/concerns regarding this program’s validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
ISFM and AAFP
The Feline Medicine Distance Education course is truly an international course with 11 renowned tutors from all over the world. Depending on your location once you enrol you will join a cohort of participants in your part of the world. The CVE has partnered with the ISFM to provide and promote the Feline Medicine Distance Education course in UK and Europe. The ISFM members are entitled to the same rates as the CVE members for this DE course.
The CVE has also partnered with the AAFP to promote this course in the US and Canada. The AAFP members are also entitled to a special rate.
If you are a member of the ISFM or AAFP please use the access links below to enrol in the Feline Medicine course:
||Member* Super Early Bird
||Member* Early Bird
||Member* Full Rate
*Members include: CVE Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members. Member rate is also available to ISFM and AAFP members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more (or all 3 Diagnostic Imaging, Dermatology or Anaesthesia & Analgesia) Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email [email protected] or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).