This TimeOnline Course is intended to provide participants with a set of skills to improve their capacity to conduct in house cytopathology as an adjunct to canine and feline case management.
You will be taken through a transitional and streamlined program starting with cytopathological specimen collection and preparation; how to establish a common sense approach to examining and interpreting cytopathological smears; and application of that approach to the diagnosis of common degenerative, inflammatory and neoplastic diseases affecting skin and lymph nodes. The course is designed to gradually and surely build confidence and cytopathological experience so that you can more effectively reach a diagnosis and apply that to case management.
Mark provided an interesting and engaging set of notes, webinars and discussion cases to make this subject extremely enjoyable. Thank you!
Rowena Leschner, 2019 participant
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and perform effective cytopathological specimen preparation to enhance the likelihood of diagnostic success
- Develop an effective framework for the evaluation of cytopathological specimens
- Analyse and interpret cytopathological specimens to formulate a fundamental diagnosis that relates to the pathogenesis of the lesion
- Construct appropriate fundamental differential diagnoses for cytopathological specimens collected from skin masses
- Evaluate cytopathological specimens collected from peripheral lymph nodes to formulate an effective investigative pathway.
- Introduction to veterinary cytopathology: fundamentals of preparing and examining cytopathological specimens
- Identification and differentiation of pathological processes in cytopathological smears: neoplasia, inflammation, and degeneration
- Cytopathological identification of common (and some uncommon) skin masses. How far can you go in diagnosis?
- Cytopathology of peripheral lymph nodes: is it neoplastic, reactive or inflamed?
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is quality online education delivered by veterinary experts in short, manageable timeframes.
Build in-demand skills in key clinical areas. Engage with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum. The programs are further enhanced by concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and round out the program. Earn 10-20 CPD points with completion of each TimeOnline course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Student members are also welcome to enrol.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.