Many dermatoses in dogs and cats are recurrent, and effective management can be difficult and provide great frustration to both owners and veterinarians.
This course is designed to cover a broad range of the most common dermatological problems faced in general practice in both dogs and cats and reinforce a practical, logical, problem orientated approach to skin disease.
A common tendency is to reach for blanket symptomatic treatments as one of the first options, without too much consideration of the most likely underlying diseases or other more guided treatment options. Following a logical diagnostic approach to disease, even when potential for diagnostic testing is limited, will often guide more effective case management; and this course aims to give many practical tips on how to achieve this. A range of case examples will be individually worked through, to reinforce the theory and tips provided.
'TimeOnline gave me a flexible learning environment that allowed me to gain the most out of my professional development.'
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of a logical diagnostic approach to skin disease
- Know many diagnostic tips useful for working towards a clear diagnosis or at least narrowing down likely diagnoses
- Know when to suspect and how to definitively diagnose the more common pruritic skin diseases
- Know when to suspect and how to definitively diagnose the more common immune-mediated skin diseases
- Have a broad understanding of the common causes of alopecia of haircoat disorders not associated with pruritus
- Cover a range of management options for pruritic, immune-mediated diseases, and some of the alopecic skin diseases.
- Approach to diagnosis
- Diagnostic tests in dermatology
- The pruritic dog or cat
- Case studies: working through some pruritic cases
- Management options for allergies
- Immune-mediated diseases: diagnosis & treatment
- Approach to alopecic dermatoses
- Case studies: working through more cases.
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is quality online education delivered by veterinary experts in short, manageable timeframes.
Build in-demand skills in key clinical areas. Engage with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum. The programs are further enhanced by concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and round out the program. Earn 10 CPD point with completion of each TimeOnline course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Veterinary students are welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses/technicians with a special interest in the topic are also welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.