Perennially popular tutors Jill Maddison and Sue Bennett present this course where the learning begins the way it does in the clinic: with a focus on the presenting problem.
This 8-module course will advance your problem-solving skills to develop a rational, pathophysiologically-based approach to treating internal medicine cases.
An emphasis on self-analysis of the way you process and work up cases will challenge you and help you to improve your approach in practice. In this way you will be able to develop a logical problem-solving framework that will carry through into more successful and rewarding management of your patients.
Hear more about the course from your tutor Jill Maddison:
Three days of face to face workshops will provide an opportunity to interrogate your methodology and discuss approaches with your peers and tutors. If you are interested in sitting the small animal medicine membership examinations for the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (ANZCVS), this is a wonderful preparation for you.
IMPS is a practice changing approach to assessing and working up cases that wasn't taught at my University. The modules are well structured and achievable with appropriate cases in the assignments to consolidate learning by way of thinking and problem solving, not cutting and pasting sections of text from the notes. Jill & co have done an outstanding job structuring the course and I recommend it to anyone wanting to develop a rational approach to medical cases to make their work lives a bit easier.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Develop a clear and logical approach to clinical problems
- Broaden your knowledge base in small animal medicine
- Gain a greater understanding of evaluation of clinical pathology, enabling you to diagnose more accurately
- Improve your productivity through more expedient diagnoses
- Improve the value of the service you provide to your clients
- Gain confidence in your general approach to small animal medical cases
- Clinical reasoning, problem solving, vomiting
- Anorexia and weight Loss
- Polyuria/polydipsia and urinary Incontinence
- Jaundice, pale mucous membranes and pyrexia
- Epistaxis and haematuria
- Coughing, sneezing and effusions
- Episodic weakness and seizure
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CPD
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the optional interactive workshops, with an emphasis on working through case studies and group discussion. This course has two workshop which are held in Sydney. One single day workshop at the beginning of the course and one 2-day workshop at the conclusion of the course.
This online course comes with:
- Comprehensive digital notes, videos and journal articles
- Self-assessment and self-reflection exercises to test your knowledge and understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- A monthly assignment based on case studies. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
- Two workshops with an emphasis on working through case studies and group discussion
1-Day Workshop - Sydney: TBA
2-Day Workshop - Sydney: TBA
*Note: if travel restrictions impact these workshops running as face to face events, arrangements will be made for an online alternative.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a AU$1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional AU$250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
||Member* Super Early Bird
||Member* Early Bird
||Member* Full Rate
|Internal Medicine: Keys to Understanding Distance Education
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email [email protected] or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).