Gain the skills and in-depth knowledge required for those challenging cardiorespiratory patients with this newly-revised course. Advance your diagnostic ability with a hands-on echocardiology workshop.
The course will increase your diagnostic skills and accuracy, enabling you to develop a problem-solving framework that can be applied to all your cases. Recent developments in cardiorespiratory medicine and management are included.
Assignments consist of analysis of case studies provided by the tutors and clinical cases encountered in your own practice. Ultimately, this course will encourage problem-oriented thinking and logical case assessment that will carry through into more successful and rewarding management of your cardiorespiratory patients.
'It has been a very enjoyable experience throughout, my quest to learn has further increased manifold. Thank you, Dr Niek, you will be my dream mentor, someday I hope to learn practically from you, thank you again'
Dr Ranjitha Tiwari, 2019
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a clear and logical approach to dogs and cats presented with cardiorespiratory problems
- Broaden your knowledge base in small animal cardiorespiratory medicine
- Gain a greater understanding of key diagnostic modalities such as radiography, electrocardiography, and echocardiography, enabling you to diagnose diseases more accurately
- Improve your productivity through more expedient diagnoses
- Improve the value of the service you provide to your clients
- Gain confidence in your general approach to small animal cardiorespiratory cases
- Normal cardiorespiratory anatomy and physiology, history and physical exam. Case studies will focus on decision-making and shortlisting based on history and physical exam.
- Radiology of the cardiorespiratory system. Case studies will focus on common problems (coughing, dyspnea) where radiology is a key diagnostic tool.
- Electrocardiography. Case studies will focus on common problems (arrythmia, syncope, exercise intolerance) where electrocardiography is a key diagnostic tool.
- Echocardiography. Case studies will focus on common problems (murmur work-up) where echocardiography is a key diagnostic tool.
- Cardiorespiratory therapy. Case studies will focus on common treatment strategies (heart failure, anti-arrythmic therapy).
- Respiratory diseases. Case studies will focus on common problems (sneezing, stertor and stridor, nasal discharge, coughing) of animals presented with primary airway disease.
- Myxomatous mitral valve disease and canine cardiomyopathies. Case studies will focus on different stages of valvular diseases and cardiomyopathies.
- Feline cardiac disease. Case studies will focus on common presentations of cats with heart disease (murmur, heart failure, saddle thrombus).
- Congenital heart disease. Case studies will focus on the more common congenital heart diseases and their symptoms (murmur, cyanosis).
- Systemic arterial hypertension, pericardial disease, and heartworm disease. Case studies will focus on common presentations of animals with these diseases.
This online course comes with:
- Comprehensive digital notes, images, videos, journal articles and additional readings
- Self-reflection tasks to review your current knowledge and focus on the topic at hand
- Discussion forums for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- A monthly assignment to assess your understanding of each topic. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
- Virtual sessions/webinars
- A 2-day practical echo workshop
- Keeping DE notes in digital format saves almost 300 000 sheets of paper, 1 500 000L of water and 30 trees.
2-Day Practical Echo Workshop: Sydney Date TBA
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
||Member* Super Early Bird
||Member* Early Bird
||Member* Full Rate
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.
Loyalty DE Discount: Completed 2 or more (or all 3 Diagnostic Imaging, Dermatology or Anaesthesia & Analgesia) Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses. Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount please read the full Terms. To redeem your discount contact the CVE via email [email protected] or phone +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm).