Many dermatoses in dogs and cats are recurrent, and effective management can be difficult and provide great frustration to both owners and veterinarians.
Led by renowned Dr. Linda Vogelnest, this online course is designed to cover a broad range of the most common dermatological problems faced in general practice in both dogs and cats and reinforce a practical, logical, problem orientated approach to skin disease.
A common tendency is to reach for blanket symptomatic treatments as one of the first options, without too much consideration of the most likely underlying diseases or other more guided treatment options. Following a logical diagnostic approach to disease, even when potential for diagnostic testing is limited, will often guide more effective case management; and this course aims to give many practical tips on how to achieve this. A range of case examples will be individually worked through, to reinforce the theory and tips provided.
'TimeOnline gave me a flexible learning environment that allowed me to gain the most out of my professional development.'
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Acquire a logical diagnostic approach to skin disease.
- Gain valuable insights into practical diagnostic tips that lead to more targeted treatments.
- Learn to identify and manage the most frequent pruritic and immune-mediated skin conditions.
- Enhance your understanding of the common causes of alopecia of haircoat disorders, unrelated to pruritus.
- Develop a comprehensive array of management strategies for pruritic, immune-mediated diseases, and some of the alopecic skin diseases.
- Approach to diagnosis
- Diagnostic tests in dermatology
- The pruritic dog or cat
- Case studies: working through some pruritic cases
- Management options for allergies
- Immune-mediated diseases: diagnosis & treatment
- Approach to alopecic dermatoses
- Case studies: working through more cases
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CE
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes.
You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Veterinary students are welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|| Price including
10% loyalty discount**
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.
**If you have completed a TimeOnline course in the past 12 months you may be eligible for the 10% loyalty discount. The discount will be automatically applied when you enrol online.