Have you ever had a trauma patient arrive, and all you can think of is ‘where do I start?’
This course is designed for emergency veterinarians as well as general practitioners around how to deal with traumatic emergencies.
There are many layers of managing trauma patients, from the initial triage and stabilisation through to advanced surgery; monitoring critical patients; and dealing with associated complications. This will be an intensive course where you will develop a broad range of skills and knowledge that you can also apply to many of your other patients as well. We promise it will be challenging but rewarding!
‘I enjoy these Time Online courses and I strongly recommend it to improve your knowledge and daily practice!!’
'Fantastic course, has really helped my confidence for emergency work and very clearly explained with great references.'
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Stabilise critical trauma patients and tackle complex cases with multiple injuries
- Perform safe anaesthesia in the trauma patient, and deal with trauma associated complications
- Manage complex injuries including orthopaedic, spinal and major soft tissue wounds
- Perform emergency surgery on trauma patients including penetrating thoracic and abdominal injuries and urinary tract injuries.
1. Trauma & triage
• Being prepared as a trauma center
• Triaging the trauma patient
• Respiratory emergencies
• Cardiovascular emergencies
• Neurological emergencies
2. Trauma-associated complications
• Fluids and transfusions in the trauma patient
• Coagulopathy of trauma
• Monitoring the trauma patient
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
3. Wounds & orthopaedic injuries
• Orthopaedic injury management
• Spinal trauma management
• Wound management
• Burn wounds
4. Trauma surgery
• Penetrating wounds
• Neck injuries
• Thoracic injuries
• Abdominal injuries
• Urinary injuries
What is a TimeOnline?
Flexible and accessible online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians. Student members are also welcome to enrol.
Veterinary nurses/technicians with a special interest in the topic are also welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
|Recent Graduate / Part-time Professional Member
|eMember / Non-Member
*Members include: Practice, Professional and Academic members.