Improve your diagnostic skills and avoid common mistakes in thoracic diagnosis.
Thoracic radiography is one of the most useful clinical tests undertaken in clinical practice and yet one of the most frequently cited areas of confusion.
This course aims to increase your ability to take optimal thoracic radiographs and to interpret them confidently. The modules focus on radiographic interpretation, with incorporation of complementary imaging modalities, particularly CT and sonography, to assist in explanations of the radiographic pathological patterns present.
Dogs, cats and exotics are all discussed with tutor -written notes, case studies, self-assessed quizzes and individual feedback enhancing the application of your learning. Make the most of the online forum to ask questions and share cases. Get to know your tutor and colleagues at the one-day face to face workshop.
This course assumes that you have some experience with radiography. Additionally, the course includes a self-paced introduction that will cover key pre-requisites
I now feel so much more confident in interpreting thoracic radiographs in practice and have a tonne of information to refer to. The course was excellent.
Emma Tragar, Brighton Veterinary Hospital, SA
Thoracic imaging was enlightening, challenging, and engaging. It has instilled confidence in me and improved my skills in diagnostic imaging.
Sedick Khisa, 2020 participant
I learned a huge amount in this course and now feel much more confident identifying normal structures as well as pathology. Just need to keep practicing!
Nicky Berg, 2020 course participant
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Improve your knowledge and expertise in the technical aspects of veterinary radiography that contribute to image formation
- Improve your radiological knowledge and expertise as it applies to radiography of thoracic structures
- Develop a greater understanding of the radiographic manifestations of pathological processes involving the cardiac and respiratory systems
- Improve your ability to evaluate radiographic changes that involve the mediastinal structures and the pleural space
- Understand when complementary imaging studies such as sonography and CT are useful for the diagnosis and management of systemic and cardiothoracic diseases.
- The Heart & Vessels
- The Respiratory System
- The Pleural Space, Mediastinum & Diaphragm
Diagnostic Imaging Program
This course is part of our year-long Diagnostic Imaging Program which has been broken down into 3 more manageable parts: Abdominal, Musculoskeletal and Thoracic Imaging.
Each is a discrete unit on its own but together they form a formidable Imaging educational program.
The other units are:
Diagnostic Imaging: Abdominal, commencing June 2023
Diagnostic Imaging: Musculoskeletal, commencing September 2023
This online course comes with:
- Comprehensive digital notes and images
- Self-assessed quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and sharing cases with your peers and tutors
- A monthly assignment based on case studies and technical skills. Individual feedback and explanations will be provided by your tutors
- A 1-day workshop to put into practice the knowledge you have gained by working through case studies and technical skills
This course includes an optional 1-day workshop. Date of the workshop TBA.
What is Distance Education?
Premium, intensive online veterinary CE
All CVE Distance Education (DE) programs are mentored by leading veterinary experts who will provide individual feedback and advice on completion of each monthly module. Each module may include written content, technique videos, self-reflections, quizzes and online submission of monthly assignments.
Maximise the opportunity to expand and consolidate your learning by participating in the tutor moderated group discussion forum and attending the optional 1-day interactive workshop, with an emphasis on working through case studies and group discussion.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for qualified veterinarians.
Pay as you learn
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a AU$1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional AU$250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
For the full terms and conditions please see our Terms.
|Super Early Bird
|eMember / Non-member
*Members include: Practice, Professional, Part-time Professional, Recent Graduate, and Academic members.