State of the Heart - Cardiorespiratory Conference
This exciting Cardiorespiratory Conference is headlined by international speakers Etienne Côté, well-known co-author and co-editor of The Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2017 ('The Ettinger’) and Niek Beijerink, well known and popular with Australian vets.
They are joined by renowned Australian speakers: Mariano Makara, Erin Mooney, Rita Singh & Mariko Yata.
Designed to be practical, relevant and interactive for the busy practitioner, each day will end with interactive discussion and case examples focussing on the best diagnostic and treatment options. The pièce de résistance is the workshop where you will focus on developing and refining your cardiac ultrasound skills and ability to recognise common cardiorespiratory emergencies.
2 x Workshops* - limited to 12 participants per session
Highly practical and focused on cardiac ultrasound in the emergency setting, you choose either the morning or afternoon workshop (identical). Your participation will improve your confidence and competence in recognising common cardiorespiratory emergencies. These workshops will be filled on a 'first come, first served' basis.
As ultrasound machines become increasingly affordable and ultrasound training more widespread, veterinarians are increasingly using ultrasound as a point-of-care test. While extensive training is required to identify small or complex lesions with ultrasound, focused ultrasound examinations can be performed competently with only limited training. This session with a mix of lectures and hands-on experience will provide training in how to diagnose cardiorespiratory abnormalities such as pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, congestive heart failure, left atrial enlargement, and myocardial failure.
*Note: Workshops are open only to participants who enrol in all 4 days of the conference.
Book now at Early Bird Rates and secure your place.
Daily rates available.
By attending this conference you can expect to be able to:
- identify the clinical signs of respiratory disease and cardiovascular disease based on history taking and physical examination findings
- implement a sound clinical approach (including diagnostic work-up) for symptoms such as coughing and respiratory distress, as can be caused by pulmonary parenchymal diseases, pleural space diseases and diseases of the mediastinum
- implement a sound clinical approach (including diagnostic work-up) for symptoms such as syncope, ascites, murmurs, sudden paresis/paralysis and arrhythmia
- describe the diseases that may cause respiratory symptoms or cardiovascular disease
- discuss management, treatment and prognosis of the major respiratory and cardiovascular diseases seen in small animals
|CONFERENCE||1-DAY||CONFERENCE + WORKSHOP|
|Member type||Early Bird||Full Rate||Early Bird||Full Rate||Early Bird||Full Rate|
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$1,125||$1,185||$352||$371||$1810||$1910|
|Non-member / eMember||N/A||$2,370||N/A||$741||N/A||$3,171|