Want to gain the skills and in-depth knowledge required for those tricky cardiorespiratory patients?
New course - Advance your problem solving and clinical skills to develop a rational, pathophysiologically-based approach to treating cardiorespiratory medicine cases. This course will cover common clinical problems in small animal cardiorespiratory medicine, and increase your diagnostic skills and accuracy, enabling you to develop a problem-solving framework that can be applied to all your cases. The course has been completely updated and rewritten to include all recent developments in cardiorespiratory medicine.
Tutor Niek Beijerink tells you more:
Assignments consist of analysis of case studies provided by the tutor and clinical cases encountered in your own practice. Ultimately, this course will encourage problem‑oriented thinking and logical case assessment that will carry through into more successful and rewarding management of your cardiorespiratory patients.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
• Develop a clear and logical approach to dogs and cats presented with cardiorespiratory problems
• Broaden your knowledge base in small animal cardiorespiratory medicine
• Gain a greater understanding of key diagnostic modalities such as radiograpy, electrocardiography, and echocardiography, enabling you to diagnose more accurately
• Improve your productivity through more expedient diagnoses
• Improve the value of the service you provide to your clients
• Gain confidence in your general approach to small animal cardiorespiratory cases
- Normal cardiorespiratory anatomy and physiology, history and physical exam. Case studies will focus on decision-making and shortlisting based on history and physical exam.
- Radiology of the cardiorespiratory system. Case studies will focus on common problems (coughing, dyspnea) where radiology is a key diagnostic tool.
- Electrocardiography. Case studies will focus on common problems (arrythmia, syncope, exercise intolerance) where electrocardiography is a key diagnostic tool.
- Echocardiography. Case studies will focus on common problems (murmur work-up) where echocardiography is a key diagnostic tool.
- Cardiorespiratory therapy. Case studies will focus on common treatment strategies (heart failure, anti-arrythmic therapy).
- Respiratory diseases. Case studies will focus on common problems (sneezing, stertor and stridor, nasal discharge, coughing) of animals presented with primary airway disease.
- Myxomatous mitral valve disease and canine cardiomyopathies. Case studies will focus on different stages of valvular diseases and cardiomyopathies.
- Feline cardiac disease. Case studies will focus on common presentations of cats with heart disease (murmur, heart failure, saddle thrombus).
- Congenital heart disease. Case studies will focus on the more common congenital heart diseases and their symptoms (murmur, cyanosis).
- Systemic arterial hypertension, pericardial disease, and heartworm disease. Case studies will focus on common presentations of animals with these diseases.
Choosing your DE course is a big commitment, so there’s no need to add further stress by paying your course up front. To pay as you learn, you will need a $1,000 deposit to secure your place, followed by 50% of the total course fee 10 days prior to course commencement date. We’ll arrange simple monthly direct debits from your credit card over 3 or 6 months.
Note: Payment Plan will incur an additional $250 administration fee, and Early Bird rates do not apply if you choose the payment plan option.
For the full terms and conditions please see our Terms.
|Member Type||Super early bird||Early bird||Full rate|
|Non-member / eMember||$6430||$6730||$6930|
Repeat CPD Participant Discount*
If you have:
- Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses.
*Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms & Conditions.
To redeem your discount contact the CVE on +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm) or email@example.com.