Dealing with the Emergency Cat
This podcast will talk about initial assessment and stabilisation of the collapsed cat, focussing on assessment for fluid deficits, management of hypoerfusion and use of emergency diagnostics including point of care ultrasound.
At the end of this lecture participants will:
- understand how to assess cats for hypoperfusion and know the clinical signs associated with this
- have an understanding of the use of easily available diagnostics, know when to use them and how to interpret common abnormalities
- be able to manage hypo perfusion and assess response to therapy
This PodcastPLUS comes with:
- Access to a pre-recorded video podcast
- A discussion forum for conversation, debate and information exchange with your peers and tutor
- Access to further reading and/or resources
- A self-assessed multiple choice quiz to qualify for CPD
- An electronic certificate available for download upon successful completion of the quiz.