Ophthalmology: Theory & Practice
Improve your understanding and capabilities!
The program was designed to improve your understanding and capabilities in ophthalmology while also having fun. David Maggs and Mark Bilson will place special emphasis on performing a high-yield ophthalmic exam with the instruments already in your clinic, choosing the best diagnostic tests, perfecting ophthalmic surgical techniques, and discussing which drugs to use when.
Both speakers work with referring vets on a daily basis and their philosophy is to emphasise a group of concepts that they call 'TIWIKIPS' (or 'Things I Wish I'd Known In Practice') with the ultimate goal is that you leave the course saying "I am going back to try this in my practice next week".
Here's what previous attendees have said-
'The specialists were fantastic. Very entertaining and engaging. I gained most out of the workshop. It was extremely helpful to receive feedback from experts on surgical techniques. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to top up their eye skills to attend' - Adriarne. East Port Veterinary Hospital
'10/10 would recommend! Very informative and useful for general practice.' - Kai Goyen, Katoomba Veterinary Clinic
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- To perform and interpret findings from a complete neuro-ophthalmic examination (cranial nerves; responses and reflexes)
- To perform and interpret findings from a complete examination of the anterior segment (eyelids, conjunctiva, sclera, cornea, anterior chamber, iris, and lens)
- To perform and interpret findings from a complete fundic examination (vitreous, choroid, tapetum, retina, and optic nerve)
- To perform and interpret findings from common ophthalmic diagnostic tests (aqueous flare, Schirmer tear test, fluorescein stain, tearfilm breakup time, nasolacrimal flush, rebound and applanation tonometry)
- To learn and practice surgical techniques for correction of entropion, ectropion, “cherry eye”, and indolent ulcers; eyelid tumor removal, and enucleation
|Seminar Only||Workshop & Seminar|
|MEMBER TYPE||EARLY BIRD||FULL RATE||EARLY BIRD||FULL RATE|
|Part-time Professional / Recent Grad Member||$352||$371||$1,725||$1,820|
|Non-member / eMember||N/A||$741||N/A||$2,350|
*Member includes: Practice, Professional and Academic members