Surgical intervention is frequently required for avian patients but is something that many veterinarians shy away from, citing the small size of the patient and probability of a poor outcome as their reason for not offering this service to their clients.
Surgery in birds is not simple, the outcome can be less than desired, but it can be done and it can be done well!
This course aims to teach practitioners the indications for surgery and give them the information needed to better prepare for, plan and perform a surgical procedure. Common approaches and techniques for both soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures are described. Post-operative care is discussed to ensure that the best possible outcomes are achieved.
By completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand surgical principles and avian physiology as they relate to the avian surgery
- Prepare a patient for surgery
- Perform basic soft tissue procedures with confidence
- Perform orthopaedic procedures with confidence.
- Principles of Surgery
- Preparing your patient for surgery
- Soft tissue procedures
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|