Canine Abdominal Ultrasound TimeOnline
Ultrasound is an interactive and extremely useful diagnostic imaging modality in clinical practice.
It is highly operator dependent, so some experience and knowledge is the key to driving the ultrasound probe with more confidence and being able to interpret the findings.
This course is designed to give you the essential knowledge on how to optimize image quality, how to find abdominal structures such as the pancreas and adrenal gland, and how to approach some common challenges faced in clinical practice such as free abdominal fluid, nodular disease and ileus. A case based approach will be used to explore the common diseases associated with these problems and how to diagnose them.
“Gives you the information you need to complement your scanning ability”.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Better understand the essential operator settings that help to optimise image quality (How to improve a blurry or dark image? What is the cause of artefacts and when can they be useful?)
- Develop an approach to scanning abdominal structures
- Develop a problem orientated approach to scanning the abdomen and solve common problems faced in clinical practice (e.g. Free fluid? Mass?)
- Be able to recognise the common diseases associated with these problems and learn how to diagnose them
- Optimising image quality in ultrasound
- Approach to scanning the abdomen
- Ultrasonographic features of normal organs and common diseases.
- Common problems and approach to diagnosis
Flexible and affordable short online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Complete at your own pace over 4 weeks to earn 10-20 CPD points (depending on the course).
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|