Epilepsy in Dogs & Cats TimeOnline
Increase your confidence by learning how basic theoretical concepts can be used to make individualised clinical decisions for the epileptic patient.
The violent and unpredictable nature of seizures can cause severe emotional distress to owners of affected pets. It is therefore important that clients with epileptic animals are supported by their veterinary surgeon. A relationship based on mutual respect and a sound understanding of the basic principles of epilepsy are the key components of successful management. In this course we will focus on clinical decision making, common pronlems, and recent developments in canine and feline epilepsy.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Be aware of the basic diagnostic concepts and treatment options for epilepsy in dogs and cats
- Be able to use this knowledge to make clinical decisions in individual dogs and cats
- Treat successfully epileptic emergencies, such as status epilepticus and cluster seizures
- Be familiar with novel concepts and insights in canine and feline epilepsy
- Seizures: what, when and how to treat
- Epilepsy in cats
- Status epilepticus and cluster seizures
- Common problems in epilepsy – what if they don’t respond to treatment
Flexible and affordable short online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Complete at your own pace over 4 weeks to earn 10-20 CPD points (depending on the course).
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|