Equine Gastrointestinal Disease TimeOnline
Gastrointestinal illness is a very common presenting complaint in equine clinical practice; the spectrum of diseases includes the acute abdomen, weight loss and diarrhoea.
This course focuses on developing an evidence-based medicine approach to the diagnosis and management of common gastrointestinal disorders of horses; encompassing a revision of relevant physiology and application to pathophysiology.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the application of diagnostic tests to the adult and foal presenting with an acute abdominal crisis – breath and limitations of diagnostic testing modalities.
As related to horses with weight loss and diarrhoeal disorders, be able to;
- engage in an evidence-based approach to the clinical reasoning process,
- formulate a relevant list of differential diagnoses,
- apply and interpret diagnostic tests to strategically narrow the list of possible differential diagnoses, and
- develop a treatment plan to effectively manage horses with these problems, in a field-based setting.
- Field Diagnostic tests in the equine acute abdomen – adults and foals
- Weight loss in adult horses and foals.
- Diarrhoea in adult horses and foals
- Practical, field-based fluid therapy
Flexible and affordable short online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|