Essential Wellbeing & Coping Skills for Veterinarians
Working as a veterinarian isn’t always easy. This course will introduce you to some of the essential skills for coping with the demands of your job, as well as strategies for maintaining your wellbeing.
This course is suitable for veterinarians at all levels.
These psychological skills will provide you with beneficial and evidence-based tools to help you cope with the demands of your job, as well as daily life. This course aims to provide evidence-based strategies to help you effectively cope with the demands of working in the veterinary profession.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
“Was great to learn new ideas, techniques and strategies to keep me mentally healthy through work as a vet” Kathryn, Killarney Vale Vets.
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise your stressors and identify ways of handling these proactively
- Manage your time more efficiently to become more organised and have the benefit of reducing stress
- Implement key communication and assertiveness skills to help deal with clients and staff and minimise conflict
- Implement evidence-based strategies to cope with, and maintain, a healthy coping system and sense of wellbeing.
1. Time and stress management: top tips for both stress management and time management
2. Communication and assertiveness: learn key skills for communicating effectively and assertively
3. Coping skills with ACT: using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for effective coping
4. Boosting wellbeing with Positive Psychology: increase and maintain your wellbeing with Positive Psychology and learn how to live the good life
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|