Essential Wellbeing & Coping Skills for Veterinarians
Working as a veterinarian isn’t always easy. This course will introduce you to some of the essential skills for coping with the demands of your job, as well as strategies for maintaining your wellbeing.
This course is suitable for veterinarians at all levels.
These psychological skills will provide you with beneficial and evidence-based tools to help you cope with the demands of your job, as well as daily life. This course aims to provide evidence-based strategies to help you effectively cope with the demands of working in the veterinary profession.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
By successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
Recognise your stressors and identify ways of handling these proactively
Manage your time more efficiently to become more organised and have the benefit of reducing stress
Implement key communication and assertiveness skills to help deal with clients and staff and minimise conflict
Implement evidence-based strategies to cope with, and maintain, a healthy coping system and sense of wellbeing.
1. Time and stress management: top tips for both stress management and time management
2. Communication and assertiveness: learn key skills for communicating effectively and assertively
3. Coping skills with ACT: using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for effective coping
4. Boosting wellbeing with Positive Psychology: increase and maintain your wellbeing with Positive Psychology and learn how to live the good life
This course includes:
Written notes, photographs, videos and case studies
Self-assessed multiple choice quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding
A discussion forum for conversation, debate and information exchange with your peers and tutors
An electronic certificate available for download upon successful completion of the course
The estimated time to complete this course is 10 hours and it will be open for 4 weeks.
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$289|
|Non-member / eMember||$578|
The TimeOnline nurse rate is the same as the Recent Grad/Part-time member rate in the table above.
Repeat CPD Participant Discount*
If you have:
- Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses.
- Participated in a CVE DE, TimeOnline or face-to-face CPD in the past 12 months you are eligible for a 10% discount for further registrations (excluding DE, workshops, the Practical Ultrasound -Intensive Short Course and the Recent Graduate Survival Seminar).
*Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms & Conditions.
Discounts and nurse registrations can’t be processed online. Please contact the CVE on +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm) or email@example.com.