The progression in knowledge in feline cardiorespiratory medicine over the last decades has been absolutely breathtaking.
Echocardiography has become more complex (and affordable), new blood tests have appeared, and new drugs have become available. As a result, keeping up with the advances in feline cardiology is challenging.
This course encompasses the new developments and translates the scientific advances into clinically useful information. More specifically, this course will guide you through the initial approach to cardiac disease in cats and review common feline cardiac problems that you will encounter in everyday practice. The backbone of every module will be case-based material supplemented with appropriate literature and video cases where required.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Learn which subtle (often missed) hints to look for in the physical exam of cardiac cases
- Gain an understanding of common presentations such as dyspnoea, acute posterior paralysis, murmur, and syncope
- Gain an understanding of when to use which diagnostic aids in the work-up of these common presentations
- Review the latest findings on feline cardiomyopathies, their diagnosis and treatment
- Develop an approach to the investigation of common feline arrhythmias, congenital heart disease and systemic hypertension.
- Clinical evaluation and decision-making of cats with cardiovascular disease
- Common diagnostic modalities
- Feline cardiomyopathies: diagnosis and treatment
- Approach to common feline arrhythmias, congenital heart disease and systemic hypertension
This program was reviewed and approved by the AAVSB RACE program for 10 hours of continuing education. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Please contact the AAVSB RACE program if you have any comments/concerns regarding this program’s validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession.
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|