Goat Medicine & Husbandry
Pet goats are becoming more popular and commercial goat herds are growing in size and distribution, so it is important that veterinarians are up to date with their knowledge to provide the best service to goat clients.
Goats have some key differences from sheep and cattle but once these are known, diagnosing and treating goats becomes a lot easier. This course will cover the main diseases of goats (both pet and commercial) as well as biosecurity measures to address untreatable diseases that need to be eradicated or kept out of goat herds. The tutor has run her own commercial dairy goat farm and stud as well as working with large goat farms. She has a goat only vet practice in Brisbane and runs regular training courses for goat breeders across Australia.
- Evaluate a flat kid and treat kids for common diseases
- Carry out common basic surgical husbandry procedures
- Develop a biosecurity plan after evaluating the existing disease status of a goat herd
- Recognise and treat common diseases of goats
- Construct a worm control plan for a goat herd
- Husbandry and Diseases of kids
- Diseases of adult goats
- Parasites of goats
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|