Heart Murmurs & Coughing in Dogs & Cats
This course aims to provide practitioners with a sound, evidence-based approach to dealing with heart murmurs in dogs and cats.
Facilitated by an internal medicine specialist Fleur James and a radiologist Zoe Lenard the course covers your approach to an orderly diagnosis of murmurs using the tools you have available in practice, specifically recognizing the differences between dogs and cats.
Differentiation of cardiac and non-cardiac causes of coughing as well as diagnosing cardiomegaly and heart failure on radiographs should be possible at the conclusion of this practical TimeOnline course.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Understand how to approach a work up to a heart murmur in a juvenile, middle-aged or older dog or cat
- Understand how to diagnose radiographic cardiomegaly in the dog and cat
- Understand how to approach a coughing dog or cat in terms of further work up
- Have developed an understanding of the radiographic features of left heart failure in the dog and cat.
Heart murmur heard in consultation
My patient is coughing – what do I do?
Is this heart failure or not?
This course includes:
Written notes, photographs, videos and case studies
Self-assessed multiple choice quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding
A discussion forum for conversation, debate and information exchange with your peers and tutors
An electronic certificate available for download upon successful completion of the course
The estimated time to complete this course is 10 hours and it will be open for 4 weeks.
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$289|
|Non-member / eMember||$578|
The TimeOnline nurse rate is the same as the Recent Grad/Part-time member rate in the table above.
Repeat CPD Participant Discount*
If you have:
- Completed 2 or more Distance Education (DE) courses in the previous 5 years, you are eligible for a 10% discount on future DE courses.
- Participated in a CVE DE, TimeOnline or face-to-face CPD in the past 12 months you are eligible for a 10% discount for further registrations (excluding DE, workshops, the Practical Ultrasound -Intensive Short Course and the Recent Graduate Survival Seminar).
*Discounts are not cumulative. For further information about discount options for multiple registrations at the one event, please read the full Terms & Conditions.
Discounts and nurse registrations can’t be processed online. Please contact the CVE on +61 2 9351 7979 (Monday to Friday, AEST 9am to 5pm) or firstname.lastname@example.org.