Ophthalmic surgery is often put into the 'too hard basket' and referred on to specialists.
This course is designed to give you better understanding of the principles and the practicalities of doing eye surgery with the aim of expanding the range of procedures you can confidently offer your clients. The course will feature video procedures to guide your learning.
Veterinary nurses with a special interest in the topic are welcome to enrol in this course. Please be aware that the course is designed for qualified veterinarians and you should consider this in light of your knowledge and experience before you register.
By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Have reviewed the necessary equipment needed to perform ophthalmic surgery
- Have reviewed the indications for a range of surgical procedures including eyelid tumors, entropion, cherry eyes, third eyelid flaps and cartilage eversions as well as the surgical management of corneal ulcers
- Understand the principles of performing a range of ophthalmic procedures including the removal of eyelid tumours, entropion surgery, cherry eye surgery and the surgical management of the corneal ulcers
- The Essentials: Equipment
- Eyelids: Tumours, Entropion, Ectropion
- The Third Eyelid: Cherry Eye, Eversion
- Surgical Management of Corneal Ulcers
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|