Rabbits & Rodents TimeOnline
Pet rabbits and rodents are presenting to veterinary practitioners in ever increasing numbers.
As the numbers climb, so too does the general public’s expectations that veterinarians can provide these unique species with excellent veterinary care. The pet rabbit and rodent patient can provide unique challenges that set them apart from the more common canine and feline medicine disciplines.
This course aims to provide the practitioner with a general overview of rabbit, guinea pig, rat and mouse veterinary medicine. Beginning with the basics in rabbit and rodent biology, the course will then explore clinical anatomy and physiology, husbandry, nutrition, preventative health, handling, restraint, clinical procedures, therapeutics, anaesthesia and common problems in rabbit and rodent health.
"This was a great timeonline course. The information was very relevant to private practice and the case studies were an enjoyable way to consolidate my learning."
By successfully completing this course, you will be:
- Knowledgeable about biology, clinical anatomy and physiology, husbandry, nutrition and preventative health of rabbits and rodents
- Confident about handling, restraint, physical examination, clinical techniques and general anaesthesia of rabbits and rodents
- Confident in approaching pet rabbit and rodent patients and be able to formulate a measured diagnostic and therapeutic methodology to their common problems
- Natural History and Biology
- Clinical Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition and Preventative Health
- Handling, restraint and Physical Examination
- Clinical Techniques
- Rabbit Radiology and Radiography
- Common Problems
Flexible and affordable short online CPD
TimeOnline is a quality online education program delivered by veterinary experts, in short, manageable timeframes. You will be engaging with your tutor/s and other participants through an active discussion forum and other online resources including a set of concise core notes, video presentations, case studies, images, useful links, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and complete your CPD requirements. All participants receive an electronic certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Complete at your own pace over 4 weeks to earn 10-20 CPD points (depending on the course).
|Recent Grad / Part-time Member||$303|
|Non-member / eMember||$607|