Back to Basics: Diagnostic Ultrasound Workshop
All you need to know and understand to get you scanning with confidence.
Gain confidence with your ultrasound by understanding the principles and applying these in a practical hands-on one day workshop. Your expert tutors Joanna Pilton and Annie Rose will help you develop a greater understanding of diagnostic ultrasonology to allow you to conquer your fears and scan with confidence.
This course is designed to provide participants with basic principles of abdominal ultrasonography. Topics covered in this workshop will help participants acquire high‑quality images and interpret common diseases of the abdomen. Lectures will review basic physics of diagnostic ultrasound, principles of image formation, and principles of interpretation. Practical component will include scanning dogs in groups of no more than 3 people.
“As a new graduate that is only 2 months into clinical practice, the Back to Basics: Diagnostic Ultrasound Workshop was a fantastic way to build new skills that I could start putting into practice at my clinic and hopefully use for clinical cases in the near future. “
On completion of this course, participants will be confident with -
- Interaction of ultrasound with matter and its influence on image formation
- Understanding artefacts in abdominal ultrasonography
- How to choose a transducer: transducer shape, types and frequencies
- Basic scanner controls
- Basics of Doppler
- Understand and adjust machine settings appropriately
- Identify all abdominal organs (in a combination of lateral and dorsal recumbency)
- Recognise the ultrasonographic appearance of normal intra-abdominal structures including the liver, spleen, kidneys, urinary bladder, pancreas, GI tract and adrenal glands
|Member type||Early bird||Full rate|
|Non-member / eMember||N/A||$1608|