Clinical Skills for the Veterinary Nurse Workshop
After much consideration of the recommendations from various human health organisations regarding COVID-19 to date, we have made the decision to postpone this workshop.
This practical workshop has been developed to allow nurses to practise and refine the clinical skills which are required to assist veterinarians in providing well-rounded patient and client care.
This course will be delivered through hands-on work stations in a custom-designed training facility.
Polina and Lisa tell more about the workshop -
The day will focus on:
- Safely restraining animals in the practice setting
- Blood collection, including in the trickier patient
- Intravenous catheter placement
- Anaesthesia and anaesthetic machine basics
- In-house pathology including urinalysis, PCV and TP, blood smears and faecal floatation
The emphasis on opportunity to practice throughout the day will see skills being applied with confidence on return to the workplace.
Nurses – it’s the course you’ve been waiting for.
The CVE is an approved AVNAT Silver Education Partner. This course has been approved for 7 AVNAT CPD Points.
|Member type||Early bird||Full rate|
|Non-member / eMember||N/A||$405|