Small Animal GI & Respiratory Endoscopy Workshop
Does your practice have an endoscope that is gathering dust in a cupboard?
Or thinking of buying and not sure which model to purchase or how to use and maintain the equipment? Maybe you need to refine your skills to gain confidence in endoscope-guided foreign body retrieval.
The CVE small animal gastrointestinal and respiratory endoscopy workshop is designed for general practitioners from complete beginners through to those with intermediate level endoscopy skills. This is practical endoscopy for everyday use with a focus on flexible and rigid endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract and the respiratory tract.
The workshop includes both theory and practical sessions using ethically sourced donated cadavers. Participant numbers are strictly limited to maximise practical experience and access to tutors for individualised instruction.
On completion of this course participants will -
- Select the correct endoscope for a procedure and perform endoscopic setup, cleaning and maintenance.
- Understand the indications for and perform flexible endoscopy of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.
- Understand the indications for and perform flexible and rigid endoscopy of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- Perform retrieval of oesophageal, gastric and respiratory tract foreign bodies.
- Perform oesophageal and percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy feeding tube placement.
- Perform nasal biopsies and endoscopic bronchoalveolar lavage.
Suitable footwear and protective clothing for the wet lab environment
|Member type||Early bird||Full rate|
|Non-member / eMember||N/A||$3216|