Soft Tissue Surgery II Workshop
Do not miss the opportunity to be taught by one of the world’s leading Soft Tissue Surgeons, Dr Howie Seim.
Howie is Professor of Small Animal Surgery at Colorado State University and is returning to Australia to share his knowledge and expertise.
In this one day workshop, Howie will teach participants the technical aspects of a variety of soft tissue surgery procedures. Some ‘theory’ will be included in the lectures, but emphasis will be placed on ‘how’ to perform each procedure. This will maximize the time for hands on practical training.
Topics have been chosen that represent surgical conditions commonly seen in veterinary practice and include
lateral ear resection
total ear canal ablation and lateral bulla osteotomy
perineal hernia repair
- a novel technique for anal sacculectomy.
Emphasis will be placed on the regional anatomy as well as the technical aspects used to perform each procedure. Videos of clinical case material will be used extensively throughout the lectures to help illustrate each technique before practising them in the wet lab.
One day of teaching from Howie Seim may not be enough for you, Howie is a natural teacher – you will leave the course with many new skills and wanting more.
Howie will also be running a workshop on Saturday covering completely different surgery techniques. See the link to the workshop below. Why not take the opportunity to further your skills in Soft Tissue Surgery by making a weekend of it and attending both workshops?
This course is designed for veterinary surgeons interested in providing a higher level of surgical treatment for a variety of practical soft tissue surgery techniques in their practice.
By the end of this course delegates should have an understanding of:
- How to successfully and confidently perform a variety of practical soft tissue surgery techniques
- Recent developments and new techniques in soft tissue surgery
- The relevant regional anatomy for each procedure performed
- Proper instrument choice and tissue handling techniques
Please bring scrubs or suitable protective clothing and footwear for the workshop.
Please also bring the equipment listed below so that you get the most benefit from the day and have the right equipment for the procedures in the future.
Contact the CVE no less than two weeks prior to the event should you have any concerns about your ability to bring the listed items.
Failure to bring these instruments may impede your ability to participate in the practical sessions.
- Needle holders
- Brown-Adsen thumb forceps
- Straight DeBakey forceps
- Mosquito hemostats- curved
- Mosquito hemostats- straight
- Rochester Carmalt hemostats- straight
- Rochester Carmalt hemostats- curved
- Mayo scissors- straight
- Mayo scissors- curved
- Metzenbaum scissors- straight
- Metzenbaum scissors- curved
- Stevens tenotomy scissors- straight
- Scalpel handle
- Allis tissue forceps
- Towel clamps (4 or 5 inch)
- Gelpi retractors with pointed tips (6.5 inch)
- Gelpi retractors with pointed tips (3.5 inch)
|Member type||Early bird||Full rate|
|Non-member / eMember||N/A||$1608|